It is better to have tried and failed than never tried at all. Always keep moving #NeverGiveUp
5 EU Keys of RRI
1. Citizens and citizens’ associations engagement in science (Public Engagement -PE);
2. Formal and informal science education;
3. Gender equality in science;
4. Research ethics and integrity;
5. Open access to research results.
Why the RRING project
• Europe wanted the rest of World to adopt RRI
• Commissioned 2 projects to explored convergence (Progress was last project)
• At Progress final conference: Rest of the world said – No
– Regional differences
– Cultural differences
– Political differences
• SwafS14 scope to explore Linked up World RRI
Why is ICoRSA participating in the RRING project
ICoRSA will lead Workpackage 7; creating the RRI network consisting of all stakeholder in RRI. ICoRSA network will build in synergy wit the RRING network
8 Stakeholders groups
|International Organisations and NGO|
|Citizens/ Civil Society|
ICoRSA builds strategic partnerships with key International organisations important in Research careers:
ICoRSA builds strategic partnerships with Academic experts in Responsible Research and Gender Equality
• Responsible Research:
• Gender Equality
• Sustainable Research
a)Future earth, ESG, Lund University
RRING 6 Objectives
1. Create the global RRING community network.
2. State of the Art and best practice of RRI across the key 7 geographies
3. Align RRI to the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
4. Determine the competitive advantages of RRI and also understand how and where RRI is perceived as a barrier and/ or disadvantage.
5. Create high level RRI strategy recommendations for the seven geographic zones.
6. Promote inclusive engagement of civil society and researchers, and create a global community of RRI stakeholders.