Job advertisement – Dissemination & Communication officer / full-time
The International Consortium of Research Staff Associations (ICoRSA) is an umbrella organisation for researchers and research staff associations (RSAs), consisting of and representing the interests of a variety of associations and organisations that in themselves represent the interests of their members.
The mission of ICoRSA is to nurture communities of researcher, to expand its network among existing researcher associations and to support the formation of new associations in countries where RSAs do not yet exist. ICoRSA’s vision, in its position as a transnational membership driven organization, is to provide a global voice for research staff. Since 2021, ICoRSA has been managing the RRING Community, which is the results of the closed RRING project, and which stands for mutual learning and collaboration to promote and mobilise for responsibility and freedom in research and innovation. Besides theses core activities, ICoRSA has become an expert for RRI (responsible research and innovation) and open science as well as quadruple helix engagement through various past and current Horizon projects.
ICoRSA is a lead partner in the following Horizon Europe projects:
- Open Universal Science (OPUS): https://opusproject.eu
- Regions’ Alliances for Interconnected Start-up Ecosystems (RAISE): https://theraise.eu
- Sustainable Careers for Researcher Empowerment (SECURE): https://secureproject.eu
- Multiple Use of Space for Island Clean Autonomy (MUSICA): https://musica-project.eu
In order to strengthen our team and to expand our outreach and visibility, we are seeking a full-time person as Dissemination & Communication (D&C) Officer for commencement on 1 September 2023.
As D&C Officer you will have 2 roles: 1) operate the D&C for a newly awarded Horizon Europe project to start in September 2023 and 2) support ICoRSA internal and external communication’s strategy.
- Develop and implement effective D&C strategies (to create the D&C plan and to lead the D&C committee), advocacy plans, work plans and campaigns in support of ICoRSA’s activities in projects;
- Design, manage, edit and maintain project websites;
- Manage all project related social media platforms;
- Create, edit, and distribute content tailored to specific audiences, including publications, press releases, website content, annual reports, speeches, and other (marketing) material that communicates the project activities;
- Organise and coordinate project events (physical, virtual and hybrid), including all events logistics, communications, procurements, registrations, and event reporting, etc.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with project partners;
- Maintain a media database and document library, records of media coverage and collate analytics and metrics;
- Prepare project reports and deliverables related to D&C;
- Seek opportunities to enhance the outreach of projects;
- Support the ICoRSA general D&C officer when necessary;
- Support the ICoRSA general D&C mission.
Terms of employment and remuneration:
Remuneration: €2,500 – €3,000 per month (gross) – depending on qualifications and/or experience
Annual leave: 20 working days
Contract hours: full-time
Location: remote position
Contract duration: 5 years
Probation period: 6 months
Remote/teleworking is normal ICoRSA practice, and this is being applied to the present engagement.
All taxes and other social services costs should be paid by the employee according to the law in the appropriate Country (this means that the employer side of national insurance or equivalent must be paid out of the gross monthly amount noted above, resulting in a take home pay that is lower for the Employee).
- A graduate qualification in a field of discipline relevant to the area of investigation, i.e. BSc or MSc or higher;
- Minimum 2 years’ relevant experience in D&C;
- Experience in web editing and management; including WordPress website setup from scratch (editing themes and creating customised website)
- Experience in social-media management;
- Experience in event organisation;
- Experience in content production (brochures, flyers, factsheets, etc.);
- Ideally, experience in project implementation/dissemination (H2020 and/or HorizonEurope); Proven knowledge of EU research sector is considered as a plus;
- Good report writing and presentation skills;
- Good analytical skills and computer skills;
- Ability to work independently to a tight schedule;
- Capability of working effectively within a team to achieve results;
- Ability and willingness to travel to project related events to represent the project and/or ICoRSA;
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
Please submit the following:
- Short cover letter, detailing how your job experience matches the job specifications;
- A sample portfolio of your past material that demonstrates your experience/expertise in any or all of the above requirements;
- Up to date CV.
Please submit the above to:
Name: Dragana Mitrovic
Email address: office [at] icorsa.org
Closing date for submissions: 30 June 2023
Notification of successful applicants will be in the first week of July 2023.
Interviews will be conducted in mid-July 2023.
Final notice of the successful candidate will be at the end of July 2023.