Senior research assistant for MUSICA project
Senior research assistant for MUSICA project
ICoRSA network seeks person as a part time senior research assistant for MUSICA project
Researchers are a highly mobile part of the global research enterprise. Policy concerning research careers is determined internationally through a variety of global organizations. At present, there is no consistent voice representing research staff and postdoctoral scholars in international policy.
The International Consortium of Research Staff Associations (ICoRSA) will provide this collective voice, advocate on behalf of research staff and postdoctoral scholars, and inform international research policy.
The mission of ICoRSA is to expand its network among existing researcher associations, but more importantly to sow the seeds of formation of new associations in countries where RSA do not yet exist. In the emerging economies, ICoRSA aims to play an ambassadorial role in developing new RSA and promoting research in general.
As a transnational membership driven organization, ICoRSA are uniquely positioned to draw on and define best practices from across the globe and to use these insights to leverage change at a national and international level.
- Network researchers from across the globe.
- Gather evidence on the structure of research careers globally.
- Produce expert analyses on best practice.
- Engage in globally informed advocacy.
- Serve as research career ambassadors.
- Empower research associations and researchers on:
- International Gender issues.
- International Mobility issues.
- International Pension issues.
ICoRSA is one of the lead partners of the project MUSICA („Multiple Use of Space for Clean Island Autonomy). The project is funded within EU Horizon 2020 and started in January 2020. The aim of MUSICA will be achieved by developing a replicable smart Multi Use Platform (MUP). MUSICA project has developed a replicable smart multi-usage of space (MUS) platform for the concurrent use of three types of renewable energy – wind, PV and wave – at small islands. This will also contribute to the advancement of a successfully tested multi-use platform (MUP). This will offer a one-stop decarbonizing shop for the islands that includes on-site energy storage, modelling and forecasting, desalination, and so-called green services to support aquaculture. Small islands will now be able to take optimal advantage of limited space and staff while MUSICA will provide a full suite of solutions for ‘Blue Growth’ that are not cost-prohibitive.
The project is now in a phase of designing a new platform which aims at integrating all technologies. ICoRSA oversees developing the Quadruple Helix of stakeholders for the island location.
Terms of employment and salary:
Salary: €275.00 per month
Contract hours and tasks:
|Person-month (PM)||1.8 PM||0.9 PM||0.3 PM|
|Time||07 – 09/2020 |
2 days per week
|01 – 04/2021 |
1 day per week
(distributed when needed)
|Work package||WP6 |
(mainly in year 5 to attend conference/event/workshop)
The payment is dependent on satisfactory completion of tasks and fixed in relation to these tasks and the hours defined (not on how many hours are spent on tasks).
Contract duration: 20.07.2020 to 31.01.2025
Probation period: 6 months
Remote/teleworking is normal ICoRSA practice, and this is being applied to the present engagement.
All taxes should be paid by the employee according to the law in the appropriate Country (this means that the employer side of national insurance or equivalent must be paid out of the gross monthly amount noted above, resulting in a take home pay that is lower for the Employee).
Required duties will be:
- Work package 6: Final report on Innousses public and QH engagement and RRI.
- Work package 9: Dissemination and Communications Plan, materials, and channels.
- Working closely with and reporting to the project coordinator Dr. Gordon Dalton.
- A graduate qualification in a field of discipline relevant to the area of investigation i.e. BSc or MSc.
- Experience in project implementation.
- Good report writing and presentation skills.
- Good analytical skills and computer skills.
- An ability to work independently to a tight schedule.
- Capability of working effectively within a team to achieve results.
- Evidence of excellent organizational and communication skills.
- High levels of initiative are encouraged.
- Please note that Garda vetting and international police clearance check may form part of the selection process.
For informal enquiries on the post candidates should contact:
Name: Nadim Adi
Email address: mnadeemadi [at] hotmail.com
How to apply:
Please submit a:
- Short cover letter, detailing how your job experience matches the job specifications and
- CV on or before the closing date of 10.07.2020.
Supplementary information on ICoRSA and the project is available at the following URL: